ARES CUSTOM YACHTS
CAT C32 1652hp
CAT C32 1652hp
Boarding from the Aft Deck, you will be instantly greeted by the warm teak decks that continue through the exterior spaces of the yacht. The Aft Deck features a spacious dining settee with seating for ten guests as well as a walk-up bar. There is stairway access to both the swim platform and flybridge from this deck.
Head inside to the main salon through the sliding glass doors. The main salon is beautiful and elegant, with its rich mahogany perfectly accented with neutral tones and pops of color. To port is a card table alongside a welcoming sofa. Just forward of the main salon is the formal dining area with plush leather chairs and mahogany table, comfortably seating 12. A pocket door to port provides access to the Stew Pantry, Galley, and Crew Quarters, while to starboard, the companionway leads you to further guest areas.
JUST ENOUGH accommodates 11 guests in 5 well-appointed guest cabins. The Master Suite is full beam on the main deck offering wonderful views through the large portholes. The en suite boasts marble floors and countertops, a Jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower, his and her sinks, and private toilet with a bidet. Below Deck are the remaining four guest staterooms. The king and twin staterooms are amidship accessed from the stairway just forward of the dining area. The twin stateroom also includes a pullman bunk. The two queen staterooms are aft, accessed from the stairway off the main salon. All guest staterooms are equipped with flat screen televisions with Apple TV and satellite. All are also en suite with marble floors and counters, as well as their own Jacuzzi tubs with integrated showers.
Heading on up to the bridge deck, the pilot house and captain quarters are forward, followed by the spacious skylounge. The skylounge offers a full-service bar, an l-shaped corner sofa, game table, and entertainment systems. Picture windows provide ample natural light and pristine views of the destination outdoors. Through the glass doors, step onto the bridge deck aft boasting a large teak table with seating for 10 guests to enjoy al fresco dining. This exterior space also features a lounge area as well as access to both the aft deck and sundeck via teak
The sundeck on board is an exceptional space to be enjoyed by all. Featuring a jacuzzi forward surrounded by sunpads, a BBQ grill, and fully equipped wet bar. There is plenty of space to enjoy sunbathing, from the chaise lounge chairs to the sunbeds. There is even more exterior space to be enjoyed on the foredeck, a private oasis that features two sunbeds. The lounge space is separate from the workspace that houses the anchors as well as the launch space for the tender and jet skis.
There are crew Accommodations for 9 with the captain's cabin located on the bridge deck, and the remaining crew accommodations below deck and forward. There is also a crew lounge, laundry facilities, and additional refrigeration.
The yacht is home to many water toys, including a custom slide from the sundeck, new waverunners, and many more!
Additionally, having just completed a yard period and finishing class and flag state surveys, the yacht is truly turn-key and ready to take you on your next yachting adventure!
- C32 - 5200 Hours - Both Engines Fully Overhauled.Approximately 1700 Hours Since Overhaul.
- ZF Transmissions
- Twin John Deere 92KW Generators - 3 Phase - 60 Hz - 2561 & 3499
- Hours Since Major Overhaul
- American Hydraulic Bow Thruster
Engine Room Ventilation:
- Delta T Engine Room Ventilation System
- Matrix Reverse Osmosis Water Maker - Series A - 1500 GPD
- Aqua Air 3 Stage A/C System, Reverse Cycle with Heat
- Twin John Deere 92KW Generators - 3 Phase - 60 Hz -2561 & 3499 Hours Since Major Overhaul
- 120V AC Electrical System
- 24V DC Electrical System
- 24V DC Emergency Lighting System
- Atlas Shore Power Converter
- MasterVolt Battery Charger
Fully Loaded with Toys!
- 2 x Yamaha Waverunner EX SPORTS35 - 2022
- 1 x 16' Walker Bay Generation 450 tender - 2018
- Tri-deck water slide - 2021
- 2 x 2019 Sea Bobs - Recently Serviced and Painted to Match Boat
- 2 x SUP Paddleboards
- Fishing Gear
- Snorkeling equipment
- Towable Toys: wakeboard, water skis, inflatable toys
- Beach picnic setup
Creating a custom yacht is usually a matter of turning a buyer’s vision into reality. There can be many changes in direction and ideas along the way, the key to success is keeping these in balance. The exception is a yacht builder building a yacht on speculation. In that case, the builder has to be an acting buyer, hoping to get it right for the ultimate buyer without having to “redo” too many things. In the case of JUST ENOUGH, the yacht started as a “refit” project and ended up a 95% newly constructed yacht with many changes along the way, like putting the vessel into RINA class. The work was performed by Ares Custom yachts with many yacht projects to their credit and were finalists in the International Superyacht Society’s “Best Refit of the Year” competition. Below is a synopsis of the JUST ENOUGH project.
Quoting from the Ares website: “The ARES 140’ was conceived and executed with a unique blend of attributes making her an ideal combination of all of the best a yacht can offer. Her design centered on a striking contemporary silhouette, a trim, yet stable hull for extended passage making and systems and safety equipment compliant with world-class standards.
Let’s start with her proportions. The low profile is conspicuous and elegant, yet also beneficial for improved stability and reduced windage. Her hull is slender and designed for maximized efficiency at sea without sacrificing safety or comfort. At a manageable 140’ she contains accommodations for 20 and has extravagant spaces for entertaining. Her 23’ beam, can fit into standard stern-to slips, and her 6' 9" draft can visit the shallow ports of both the Caribbean and the US East Coast.
Her construction and design are impeccable. ARES 140 is built on a specially prepared existing hard chine semi-displacement hull which is framed transversely and longitudinally. Lightweight, high-performance engines were selected to maintain operational speed, yet lend more space back to the interior. All mechanical systems, including shafting, piping, electrical, HVAC, and steering, use top-quality components and are certified to RINA Yacht Class standards.
When not in use by the owner, the vessel easily lends itself to chartering. All safety equipment and stability is MCA compliant. The robust deck equipment is prepared for Mediterranean applications and heavy use. The lazarette provides an additional laundry station, workbench, freezer and storage space. The tender and jet-skis are on the bow for easy launching when docked stern-to.”
Unfortunately, the original buyer who started the JUST ENOUGH project did not finish it. At 90% complete, she moved on to a new buyer who finished the project and enjoyed the yacht immensely before moving on to a larger one.
The next and present owner was more experienced and previously owned Choy Lee & Christensen yachts that were available for charter. He had not owned an aluminum yacht before but was familiar with aluminum maintenance from owning many airplanes. He personally inspected the entire inside of the hull prior to purchase, even removing the non-metallic tanks to see the bilge underneath, and applied his aircraft maintenance philosophy to JUST ENOUGH. Afterward, the owner took JUST ENOUGH to the next level for charter with additional amenities like a tow behind tender, waterslide, VSAT communications, SEABOBS, and more. JUST ENOUGH has just completed four winter and summer seasons chartering in the Virgin Islands before coming back to the US for required maintenance and surveys for RINA classification and Jamaican flag registries. Gross charter revenue from 2018 until the end of 2022 was $7.9 million; $3 million accounted for the short January to August 2022 year. For a buyer who wants a yacht in the Virgin Islands that generates a lot of cash (some or all tax-free depending on depreciation), JUST ENOUGH is a dream come true.
The owner is offering JUST ENOUGH for sale because he may want a smaller yacht for a while to go back to some areas like New England, which he has enjoyed in the past. Therefore smaller yachts or aircraft trades will be considered. A complete record of all charter revenue activity and list of almost $500,000.00 of recent repairs and upgrades will be provided to qualified buyers. Work performed in dry dock includes many items done years ahead of schedule.
Delivered by the American yacht manufacturers Ares Marine, JUST ENOUGH is a stunning example of a Tri Deck Motor Yacht boasting the amenities and features of a yacht of much larger size. JUST ENOUGH offers an experience of a lifetime where one can relax in the most sumptuous surroundings. Accommodating 11 guests in 5 exquisitely appointed staterooms, including a full-beam Master Stateroom with marble ensuite.
For those moments of rest and relaxation, head for the top deck space, which hosts a Jacuzzi, bar area, and generous sunbathing areas with sun loungers. For those more active and in search of an adrenaline rush, take your pick of an extensive range of water toys, including a waterslide, jet skis, exhilarating seabobs, and much more. Water lovers can make use of the snorkeling gear in the warm, crystal-clear Caribbean waters where fish of every color of the rainbow can be seen.
- Annual RINA Class and Jamaica Flag Surveys Completed (January 2023)
- Turn Key Highly Successful Charter Program
- $500,000 Refit 2018
- Large Exterior Decks
- On Deck Full Beam Master Suite
- Versatile Layout
- Zero Speed Stabilizer
Update as of February 2024:
- All paint blisters have been repaired, and 80% of JUST ENOUGH has been repainted.
- All (3) air conditioning chillers have been serviced/rebuilt, as well as the computer system to control all (3) chillers.
- Stabilizers have been serviced, and the bottom has been painted
- All through hulls and sea valves have been replaced on the bottom per RINA survey
- Starboard sea chest was replaced prior to the start of the RINA Survey
- Galley is being redone with new white countertops, white walls, new sinks, new faucets, repainting of cabinets, etc., to make the Galley like new
- Furniture and art pieces, pillows, etc, and outside cushions have all been replaced or redone.
- After grossing close to $8 million in charter revenue since 2018, these upgrades are required to maintain a $ 149,000-a-week charter fee with a full calendar.
Update as of October 2023:
Jobs carried out by Safe Harbor LMC:
- Underwater light all of them replaced by new ones.
- Both Delta T fire dampers, actuators, and thermostats have been replaced with new ones.
- Hot water circulation pumps have been replaced with new ones.
- Alfa Laval MIB303 was overhauled, and the following items have been replaced with new ones: pressure switch, level switch, frequency drive, and electrical motor.
- Garage door has been overhauled (hydraulic pistons and hoses replaced), and hydraulic pump and system have been serviced by SEAWAY
- Air handler units have been serviced and ducts disinfected made by Bluestar Marine.
- Main seawater manifold has been rebuilt.
- Anchor chain locker has been cleaned and reconditioned.
- Seashell grills have been reconditioned.
- Bottom Hull has been pressure-washed and painted.
- Bow inboard painted.
- Port and Starboard rub rails repainted.
- Starboard name board fixed
- RIB (small tender) the wire for the steering have been replaced, also the engine has been serviced (oil change, oil filter, fuel filter and fuel oil water separator filter)
- Risers, raw water pump, belts and faulty idler pully have been replaced in both Diesel generators for new ones.
- Thermostats for both generators have been serviced and tested.
- 1st and 2nd stage fuel oil filters have been replaced in both diesel generators.
- Valve lash and service to the injectors for both generators have been done.
- The heat exchangers have been removed and serviced for both generators.
- Rocker arms have been replaced in port and starboard generator.
- Aftercoolers in both main engines, has been overhauled (cleaning, descaling process and air side of cooler solvent)
- Raw sea water pump and freshwater pump for port and starboard engine have been replaced.
- Fuel lines for main engines have been inspected and cleaned.
- Turbo chargers for both main engines have been overhauled with new housing.
- Valve lashes and injectors have been done for both engines.
- The coolant for engines and generators has been replaced and all of them pressure tested.
- All the clamps and hardware have been replaced with new ones.
- Main engine engines Heat exchangers have been rebuilt.
Five years RINA survey requirements (at Safe Harbor Marina Rybovich):
- Hull has been pressure washed.
- Hull target has been set.
- Scrapping, cleaning and painting entire shell plating for inspection.
- Scrapping, cleaning and painting for internal examination of sea cheats and gratings.
- Anchor chain has been fully laid out, scraped and cleaned for inspection.
- Anchor locker has been cleaned and painted ready for inspection.
- Port and starboard windlass have been serviced.
- Installation of all skin valves above and below the waterline, pressure tested and certified by Safe Harbor Marina.
- Examination of parts of rudders.
- Examination of rudder pintles.
- Examination of rudder stock and couplings.
- Examination of the stern frame.
- Clearance of rudder bearings has been taken.
- Rudder bump test done and satisfactory.
- Clearance of the water-lubricated tail shaft bearings have been taken.
- Bow thruster has been inspected and found in good condition.
- The thickness of the hull and all tanks on board have been inspected and found in good condition.
- Fresh water tank has been reconditioned and inspected.
- Black water tanks have been pressure washed and inspected.
- Treated black water tank in the engine room has been sand blasted, reconditioned and inspected by the surveyor.
- Black water piping has been replaced with a new piping and pressure tested. ➤ Port forward fuel oil tank has been opened, cleaned and thickness inspected.
- Forward grey water tank has been opened, cleaned and thickness inspected.
- Aft engine room grey water tank has been opened, cleaned and thickness inspected.
- Maintenance and inspection of fixed and portable fire system done with (FIRE RANGER)
- Maintenance and inspection of smoke detectors done by (FIRE RANGER)
- Electrical insulation test report (Megger test) of the following electric motors: Bilge pump, fire pump, fuel oil transfer pump, main hydraulic pump, port engine room fan, starboard engine room fan, steering pump #1, steering pump #2, port capstan, starboard capstan, galley switchboard, AHU switchboard and Bridge switchboard.
- There were two findings, the first one was low resistance in the electric motor for the main hydraulic pump and it's been changed for a new one, and the second finding was the main cable for port side engine room fan had low resistance in the wire itself and its been replaced for a new cable and approved by RINA surveyor.
- Second stage of the Megger test in the water, insulation test of the main switchboard there was a finding the main cables coming from the starboard side alternator to the main switchboard have been replaced for a new one with (DREAM MARINE) and approved by RINA surveyor.
- The propellers have been pulled for examination NDT of after end of the cylindrical part of the shaft and one third of the shaft cone, also have been balanced.
- Examination of stern tube bearings, these bearings have been changed and correctly aligned.
- Port and starboard side shaft mechanical seals have been replaced with new one.
- Propellers examined for cracks or deformation test satisfactory.
- Clearance of the water tail shaft has been taken after new bearings are installed and found in good tolerance.
- Port and Starboard engine mounts have been changed to do the correct alignment of engines and tail shaft.
- Port side main engine borescope of internal parts, piston, piston rings, cylinder heads, cylinder, top side of intake and exhaust valve carried out properly for surveyor purpose by authorized CAT dealer PANTROPIC.
- Starboard side main engine borescope of internal parts, piston, piston rings, cylinder heads, cylinder, top side of intake and exhaust valve carried out properly for surveyor purpose by authorized CAT dealer PANTROPIC.
- Load battery test of the following batteries: Bridge batteries, emergency batteries, house batteries, generator and main engine batteries. There was a finding with the emergency batteries were in bad condition and we proceed to replace them with new ones.
- Life raft has been serviced.
- Load test of the crane carried out by SEA HAWK
- All sidetracks have been changed for new ones and certified by SEA HAWK
- Life saving equipment has been serviced by FIRE RANGER
- All bilge sensors have been serviced and tested by FIREFLY.
- Antifouling paint applied to the hull and new zinc anodes have been installed.
- Two coats of prop speed applied to both shaft and propellers.
- During the sea trial and after all the jobs related to alignment, propellers and tail shaft vibration test report was satisfactory.
Jobs carried out by the Crew:
- Bilge pumps for engine room bilges and lazarette have been replaced by new ones.
- Cables in the lazarette next to the shore power unit arranged.
- ATLAS shore power unit have been serviced by ATLAS technician.
- Electronic cards P14, P15 and P16 have been changed on ATLAS shore power unit.
- New lighting has been installed in the lazarette. All walls and floors have been reconstructed in the lazarette. A new UV lamp and filtering for freshwater system has been installed.
- Fresh water leak in the lazarette by the Matrix water maker unit it's been fixed.
- Old hoses from Matrix water maker unit have been replaced by PVC schedule 80.
- New filters have been installed on water maker units #1 & #2.
- Lazarette bilges have been scrapped, cleaned and painted.
- Hydraulic oil leak from the old hose of transom door have been fixed and the hose replaced by new one.
- Steering pumps oil leak from fittings have been fixed.
- Aft ice maker has been serviced.
- JE sign has been fixed with new lighting.
- All the lights around the boat have been changed.
- Port side name board has been fixed and sealed with proper caulking.
- Steering arms have been serviced.
- Gaskets of grey and black water tanks manholes have been replaced.
- Black water and grey water pipes in engine room have been replaced for new PVC schedule 80.
- Dirty and clean oil tanks have been opened and cleaned.
- The chlorine dosing pump has been overhauled.
- The new main hydraulic electric motor has been installed.
- Port and starboard side PTOs have been overhauled and pressure teste together with hydraulic company.
- Chiller plants have been serviced (backflushing to the coils with barnacle buster).
- Tank sentry sensors for grey, black and grey forward pump have been replaced for new ones (FIREFLY assistance).
- Bilge pump in the bow thruster room has been installed.
- A new ignition switch for the RIB has been installed.
- Port and starboard generator have been serviced, (oil change, oil filter, CCV filter, Air sep filter, fuel oil raccor filter, fuel oil second stage filter).
- Port and starboard main engines have been serviced, (oil change, oil filter, CCV filter, Air sep filter, fuel oil raccor filter, fuel oil second stage filter).
- Port and starboard gearbox oil and oil filter have been replaced.
- Port and starboard main engines exhaust have been serviced with new gaskets and hardware by the Angelo.
- Port and starboard sea strainers for Gens have been replaced with new ones.
- Port and starboard cooling pipes for Gens have been replaced.
- AHU around the boat have been serviced.
- New electric motor for galley AHU has been replaced.
- New electric motor for port side main salon AHU has been replaced.
- P trap installed in Chief officer cabin to avoid smells.
- The TV elevator in the main salon has been changed.
- Dryers and washing machines have been serviced by a MIELE technician.
- Port and starboard raw water pumps have been inspected and found in good condition.
- Port and starboard gearbox oil cooler have been cleaned and inspected.
- Hydraulic oil has been changed on main hydraulic system.
- Captain toilet have been fixed.
- Jets sky has been serviced.
- AVIT rack has been arranged.